Tuesday 30 April 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge - Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Another lovely hymn again , chosen by Patter. Her post on this hymn and her beautiful page are at www.triplethescraps.blogspot.com .
I love the way The Lord directs me when I am choosing the scriptures for my pages. This time , I opened an old address book and found a card which a friend had given me a few years ago. She had written it out from a bible study, I think it may have been a Beth Moore study. There was my scripture - Ephesians 1:7.        


This scripture reminded me of the first verse of the hymn :

                                             Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
                                              Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
                                             Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
                                              Call for songs of loudest praise.
                                              Teach me some melodious sonnet,
                                              Sung by flaming tongues above.
                                              Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
                                              Mount of Thy redeeming love.

 
 
I chose the paper for my page as I had remembered a book by Francine Rivers - The Scarlet Thread .
It is a story of two women in different periods linked together by a quilt with a scarlet thread running through it.The thread represents the blood of Jesus and its redemptive power - the scarlet thread that runs throughout the bible. The paper is from a Christmas set but I thought it would work well with the theme of my page as it is full of scarlet threads!
 
Supplies
Papermania Home for Christmas paper and bow
Spellbinders  decorative labels one
 
I also have the hymn on a cd given to me by another friend ,this version [slightly different] is by Gateway Worship , link below to listen.
          
 
 
 
So , apart from studying this beautiful hymn , I have had some lovely memories of two dear friends who I miss very much since I moved to the UK. Thank you June and Suzie!
 
Thanks for visiting today and I hope you are as blessed by this hymn as I have been this week!
 
 
 Also linking up to www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend!
    Your page is so beautiful! I love the fabulous red and what it represents! The hymn is wonderful too! Thank you for sharing it!
    I finally found your email...I had lost it for a bit! lol I hope to get back to you very soon!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and this post on Patter's blog. Thank you so much for sharing and I loved the hymn also!

    ReplyDelete