Thursday 26 January 2012

Hymn and Scripture Challenge Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus

Patter gave us another very beautiful hymn this time. It is so interesting to know about the history behind the hymns , it really makes you appreciate them even more. I liked the way the New Living translation expressed the verse from Phillipians 4:7.I am still trying to adapt to the 6x6 format I decided to use but I think I will get used to the smaller space! I have been really blessed by this hymn,in many different versions, traditional and contemporary.
My page hasn't photographed very well, the colours are a little "off " but I do really like this verse!



Papers - My Minds Eye "Hattie" collection
                                                Bazzil cardstock
                                                Quickutz alphabet die
                                                Kaisercraft flowers and brad

Really looking forward to the next hymn!
There's still time to join in this lovely challenge ,it will be a blessing!
Details at www.triplethescraps.blogspot.com
 Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so very pretty Susan! I really love this page, and what a wonderful Scripture verse you've chosen! There's nothing like God's perfect peace, is there? :o)
    The texture on your letters shows up so beautifully! I really like the grid paper on the top, and the contrast of the wonderful circles on the bottom. The music sheets looks wonderful but it must be really small! Then the lovely flowers...I just love it all!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for your email! I'll be emailing you back...as soon as I find it! lol I was keeping my inbox to two pages, but ever since I was six I haven't been able to get it under ten pages! I'll find it eventually! Oh dear, I'm writing a book again!
    Are you as anxious as I am to find out what the next hymn is? I'll be back soon, my friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Oops, I meant "ever since I was sick" not "six" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, your page is gorgeous! Love the alphabet die, the letters look so wonderful with that textured paper. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, thanks for stopping by to look at my page. I love the colors you used and how tiny you made the song to fit on your page. 6x6 is challenge for me. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page. Love all the blues and the verse!

    ReplyDelete